Well Being Simplified
With Special Guest: Heather Goodwin - Director, Heights of Health Holistic Behavior Division
We loved having our dear friend and fellow Metaphysical Mama Heather Goodwin in the studio to teach us all simple effective ways to experience well being in our mind, body and soul. Heather is an integral part of the team at Houston's Heights of Health Natural Health Clinic and Store, where they take a holistic approach to discover and heal the root causes of disease, stress, allergies, and mental, physical and emotional imbalances. As a bonus, we were joined by Kerry's sweet mama Nora who came to see Kerry in action!
Heather's Well Being Simplified Steps:
1. Open to Well Being
- Hydrate - Drink half your body weight of filtered water every day to detox your cells
- Breathwork - Four low belly breaths twice a day - in through the nose for count of 4, hold for count of 7, blow out slowly through mouth for count of 8.
2. Nurture Well Being
- Nutrition - Eat organic fruits and vegetables, high quality protein and good fats
- Meditation - Notice the breath and let your thoughts float away
3. Activate Well Being
- Movement - Stand up at least every 20 minutes, daily fun exercise
- Manifestation - Improve the quality of the your thoughts destress your body
news coverage on the pilot program in Houston
As the director of Heights of Health Holistic Behavior Division, Heather empowers adults and children with proven life-transforming tools. Her multi-disciplinary approach is rooted in the recognition that physical issues cannot be separated from emotional, social, spiritual, and psychological influences. Therefore the whole person must be taken into account to achieve optimal physical and emotional health. Heather’s mindfulness and behaviorally-based approach lead individuals to make sustainable choices that bring life-changing outcomes within reach.
Heather holds a Master’s degree and started her career as a teacher and later served in an administrative role as a District-Wide Behavior Specialist for a large urban school district. She was then recruited to serve as a lead associate in one of our nation’s cutting-edge consulting firms, providing national training, technical assistance and systems-wide program evaluation in the areas of positive behavior supports, differentiated instruction and inclusive practices. After a nation-wide search, she was then hired as the Director of Behavior Programs for a national publishing company. Heather has served as an expert authority and contributing author for The McGraw-Hill Publishing Companies and is included in the Who’s Who in America publication. After 20+ years in the educational and behavioral field, Heather remains a requested national speaker and recognized behavior specialist.
Heather’s passion to empower children and families has been a life-long mission, ultimately impacting her own journey to incorporate holistic and natural solutions into her own life and now with her family. Heather happily resides in The Houston Heights with her husband, Mike and their two children, Sophia (8) and Nicholas (5). Heather is honored and over-joyed to serve you in your own exciting journey toward optimal, life-transforming and whole-person.
1. Click here to listen to the podcast on iTunes (thru 10/10)
2. Click here to listen to the podcast on Google Play Music (thru 10/10)
3. Listen to Radio Brave (Or via the free TuneIn Radio app) on:
- Wednesday September 21, 2016 at 9AM (Central)
- Thursday September 22, 2016 at 8PM (Central)
- Sunday, September 25 at 2PM (Central)